LEMON BLUEBERRY DONUTS 🍋🫐 [grain, gluten, dairy free]
When life gives you lemons 🍋… you make a kick-a** healthy donut for you fam! Promised you guys the goods so here you have it, enjoy! xoxo
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
zest of one lemon
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup raw honey/maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup to 1 cup organic icing sugar, 1 tbsp almond milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice + zest, or simple raw honey as your drizzle, top with optional shredded coconut.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease donut tray with a little coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, honey, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into a greased donut pan and press down so that the rings are packed and top is smooth.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the dough is no longer soft and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and add desired drizzle + topping! 💛