YES PLEASE! Who wants a low carb eggplant pizza recipe?! 🙌🏻 I used sliced eggplant as the crust with TONS of flavour, super simple to assemble + quick to cook up! Enjoy! xo
1 large eggplant
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pack (1lb) ground @albertaturkey
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2–1 cup organic pizza sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1 cup fresh baby kale
Himalayan sea salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste
3/4 cup lactose free organic shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup cup fresh oregano, chopped
crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise, about 1/4-1/3 inches thick. Brush or rub a little olive oil on each side of the eggplant slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking stone. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 7-10 minutes, or until eggplant is hot and starting to cook down.
- Meanwhile grab a skillet, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft (about 3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the ground turkey and mushrooms until fully cooked.
- Add pizza sauce and kale to the skillet and cook for 1-2 additional minutes until mixture is warm and kale has wilted.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the oven, top each with the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped oregano. Place in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with more fresh oregano/kale and crushed red pepper.