Didn’t expect to post a recipe tonight but couldn’t resist after I whipped this up for din din! With my mama being Italian I grew up eating a lot of delish pasta dishes – one of my FAVS has always been eggplant parm! This one is a healthier version + is super simple so had to share with you all! Swipe left for a few yummy pics of the final product! Enjoy! xo ♥️
•1 medium to large eggplant, thinly sliced
•egg whites, egg or vegan egg
•gluten free Panko or breadcrumbs
•organic pasta sauce of your choice
•salt, pepps, garlic powder, parsley
•avo or olive oil
•parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Dip the eggplant slices one by one into the oat flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs that are mixed with the salt, pepper, garlic and parsley.
- Transfer to a frying pan on medium heat with oil, cook a few minutes each side.
- Pour a little sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, layer the eggplant, cover with a little sauce and top with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake 20-30 min, option to take foil off at the end for 5 min! Served mine with GF pasta and a turkey, asparagus bolognese! #eggplant #eggplantparmesan