CINNAMON ROLLS 🤍 (GF + YEAST-FREE!)
I’ve been wanting to try a healthier cinnamon roll that’s easy peasy, yeast free, gf, refined sugar free + clean! The craving has been REAL! These are such a great alternative. Not as fluffy as a regular cinny bun, but still super delish. Enjoy! xo
2+3/4 cup gf or regular oat flour (or all purpose gf flour)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp coconut sugar
6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Himalayan sea salt
2 tbsp coconut oil, ghee or vegan butter, melted
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup organic cream cheese (regular or vegan)
4 tsp maple syrup
1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
almond milk for thinning, if desired
mix all together
OR for more of a glaze:
1 cup organic icing sugar
2-3 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Add the almond milk, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil to a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in the oat flour and baking powder, sprinkle of salt and gently mix with a spatula to combine.
- Knead the dough into a round sphere and add to a floured-surface. I put dough onto a piece of parchment sprinkled with oat flour then another piece of parchment on top of the dough. Roll dough into a large rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Mix together the cinnamon and coconut sugar filling. Brush dough with the melted coconut oil or butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar within ½ inch of the edges.
- Starting at one of the shorter ends, roll tightly into a long log, then slice into 10-12 rolls. Place the rolls into the baking dish cut-side up.
7.Bake the rolls 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Make your frosting or glaze while they bake.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with your topping.
- Store leftovers in the fridge and reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.