The last few days have been a little downright craaay + heavy – what a better way to brighten the MOOD than with CHOCOLATE + DONUTS?! Best of both worlds! The kitchen is my happy place so I wanted to create something to bring a little joy.
This delish recipe is gluten, dairy + refined sugar free packed with protein! Also – got my silicone donut tray on @amazon! Enjoy it friends!
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup @botanicahealth chocolate protein powder
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 free range eggs
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup @enjoylifefoods chocolate mini chips + Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl mix together almond flour, oat flour, protein, cacao powder, baking soda + powder, sprinkle salt, coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut oil, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup.
- Add wet to dry, mix well + add in chocolate chips.
- Place batter into donut tray with each 3/4 full. (Option to spray with coconut oil beforehand)
- Bake for 10-15 min. Let cool completely (or will crumble) + frost – I used @simplemills chocolate frosting + sprinkles, alternatively eat as is or drizzle with melted chocolate! xo