These are the perfect valentine’s day treat! Gluten + dairy free + you can make them vegan as well! I decided to split my batch and do half chocolate, half vanilla Pitaya! Enjoy! xo
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg, or vegan egg room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1+1/2 cups packed fine almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp @botanicahealth protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * [for chocolate cookies I used 2 tbsp cocoa powder + @justins hazelnut chocolate spread / for pink I used 2 tsp Pitaya powder + @simplemills icing mixed with Pitaya]
1. In a large bowl add in the coconut oil, sugar, honey, egg + vanilla whisk until well combined. Next add in almond flour, protein powder, baking soda + salt. Mix with until dough comes together.
2. I split my batch into two + added cocoa powder to one, pink Pitaya to the other.
3. Form dough into a disc and wrap in plastic; chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper that’s been dusted with oat flour. Add another large sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough ball + roll out into a large rectangle until the dough is about 1/4th inch thick. Cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
5. Place cutouts on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack + allow cookies to cool completely before frosting! xo