MACAROON BIRD NESTS! 💗🐰🐣🌷
. . . too soon?! NOPE. Mini egg mania is here! These are a healthified version of my usual Easter nests. SO good you guys, enjoy!
• 2.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
• 4 egg whites
• 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (honey can also be used)
• @justins Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
• mini eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment, or silicone baking liner
3. Whisk egg whites and maple syrup until frothy
4. Add shredded coconut and stir until entirely coated with egg white mixture
5. Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop coconut egg mixture out onto prepared baking sheet
6. Press the middle of the macaroon mound down with the back of a spoon to form an indentation
7. Using your fingers, shape macaroon mixture until it resembles a bird’s nest. (Mixture will not be too sticky and will easily separate, so simple place coconut pieces where you want)
8. Bake in oven for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Remove macaroons from oven and cool completely on baking sheet
8. Once cooled, scoop a heaping tablespoon of the chocolate mixture, top with mini eggs & enjoy!!!