. . . this is SO delish, made with oats, spelt flour, vegan & refined sugar free. ENJOY! xo
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 – 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 to 1 1/4 cups
- 1/3-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (add a little more if dough seems sticky)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan lightly with oil. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the spelt flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, stir to combine.
2. Mash the bananas in a small bowl.
3. Add in the mashed bananas, oil and almond milk to the dry ingredients, mix. Don’t overmix, as it causes elasticity and the ingredients will not rise well. Add in more almond milk if dough seems too sticky.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Add a few blueberries to the top and sprinkle oats.
6. Place loaf pan in oven and bake for 50 – 55 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through. Top will turn golden and toothpick placed in the center will come out clean.
7. Once done, let cool for 15 minutes in the pan. You should be able to tilt the pan and the loaf will come out clean, place on rack to cool completely.
8. Store covered on the counter for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator up to 1 week.