This is an oldie but a goodie! Easy, delish and great for on the go. Enjoy! xo
(makes 6 bars)
•3 scoops of vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I use @botanicahealth or @biosteelsports)
•1/2 cup almond milk
•2 tbsp almond butter
•2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
•1/2 cup quick oats
•2 tbsp coconut flour
•1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
•1/2 cup @enjoylifefoods chocolate chips
•Himalayan sea salt
1. Mix together the protein powder, almond milk, maple syrup and almond butter until blended.
2. Add in the coconut flour, oats and shredded coconut and mix until combined. The consistency should be firm, and not too runny, if not add in a few more tablespoons of oats.
3. Spread the mixture into an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan on low.
5. Drizzle the top of the bar mixture with the melted chocolate using a spoon or fork and sprinkle lightly with Himalayan sea salt and coconut.
6. Stick them in the freezer for about 20 minutes or so. Store in the fridge afterwards in an airtight container.
* keep in mind taste and consistency may differ depending on what protein powder you use.
Approx. Nutritional Info per bar:
Fat: 5.7 g
Carbs: 10 g
Protein: 13 g