. . . it isn’t ‘healthy’ cookie season until you’ve baked these babies!
JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, gluten & refined sugar free, inspired from Oh She Glows (I love Angela♥️) . . . and a few more healthy treats before Christmas comin’ at ya!
- 1/2 cup natural smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour/starch- got mine from @blushlane (you can also sub for 7 tsp cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup @enjoylifefoods mega chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients (almond butter, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla) until completely smooth.
3. Stir the dry ingredients (oats, oat flour, arrowroot, almond flour, baking soda, and salt) into the wet mixture, one by one, until thoroughly combined. The dough will be a bit wet/oily, but this is normal.
4. Stir the chocolate into the batter until combined (save some to top the cookies at the end)
5. Using a large retractable cookie scoop (or simply a spoon and your hands), scoop mounds of dough (about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough per cookie).
6. Add each onto the baking sheet, about 3 inches apart, as they’ll spread a lot while baking.
7. Press the remaining chocolate onto the tops of the cookie dough mounds, evenly distributed.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (I prefer 8 1/2 to 9 minutes for gooey and soft cookies), until the cookies are spread out. If you prefer a crispy cookie, bake for about 12 minutes.
9. Cool the cookies directly on the baking sheet for about 5 to 6 minutes. The cookies will be super delicate until they are cooled. Using a spatula, gently transfer each cookie directly onto a cooling rack for another 10 minutes, where they’ll firm up even more. (It’s normal to have a small amount of oil on the bottom of the cookies due to the almond butter.) Serve and enjoy! xo