- 4-5 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp of spelt flour (or oat flour)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp packed organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup organic grass fed butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Place sliced apples in a bowl and mix with maple syrup, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp of the spelt or oat flour.
3. Mix together the oats, 1 cup of spelt or oat flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt & brown sugar.
4. Add in the softened butter, pecans and mix until mixture is crumbly.
5. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray, add in the apple mixture & top with the oat crumble mixture.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, let cool for about 10 minutes and serve with a dairy free vanilla or maple pecan ice cream.
*Note – if you want to make this in a 9×13 I almost double the recipe.